Community Relations Commission
- 7 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Village Hall
850 Waukegan Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes.
- Gil Antokal
- Veronica Boyajian
- Jason Caplan
- Bill Lundquist
- Zachary Raimi
- David Rauen
- Suzie Wexler
Kent Street, Village Manager
Internships & Awards
Apply for the Government Service Internship
Apply for the Community Service Award
Membership consists of 9 members appointed to 3-year overlapping terms. Duties: Study and recommend means of developing better relationships among all residents in all community activities. Identify and evaluate the social, recreational and developmental needs of village youth and how they might participate in all aspects of community life. Initiate and conduct educational and informational programs to promote diversity. Award village assistance to senior residents in accordance with established eligibility criteria.
Functions & Duties
The Community Relations Commission is established to foster and promote understanding, mutual respect, cooperation, and positive relations in a diverse inclusive community. The Community Relations Commission is also to promote increased participation in all aspects of community life and a sense of shared community among all residents. The Community Relations Commission shall act in an advisory capacity to Village President and Board of Trustees. The Community Relations Commission shall have the following functions and duties:
1. Study and recommend means of developing better relationships among all residents in a diverse and inclusive community of Deerfield.
2. Encourage residents to be "service-oriented" in the opportunities to assist one another in the community and the neighborhood.
3. Promote and support initiatives with federal, state and local governmental agencies, commissions, businesses, schools, civic and religious organizations, neighborhood and community events aimed at increasing goodwill and civil engagement among the residents and the global community at large.
4. Recognize and approve honors or awards for persons, firms, or entities that serve or advance understanding, mutual respect, cooperation and positive relations between and among residents of Deerfield.
The Community Relations Commission shall consist of members broadly representative from the community at large. The Commission shall consist of 9 voting members and additional ex officio members as the Commission deems necessary.