Yard waste is collected once per week on your scheduled pickup day from April 1st until December 15th.
- Illinois law requires that all organic material generated from your home be taken to a compost facility. To comply with the law and cover the costs, the Village requires that grass, leaves, brush and other organic garden and yard waste be separated from household trash and recyclables, be placed in 30 gallon biodegradable bags and have stickers affixed to each bag. Yard waste must be at the curb to be collected and the weight of each bag cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- Bundles of brush require a sticker. Bundles cannot exceed 4 feet in length or weigh over 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 3 inches in diameter.
- Each bag must have a yard waste sticker affixed to it in order to be collected.
- Yard waste collection schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday- North of Deerfield Road (includes residents on the north side of Deerfield Road)
- Wednesday- South of Deerfield Road (includes residents on the south side of Deerfield Road)
- Residents on Deerfield and Waukegan Roads must have refuse ready for collection by 6:30 a.m. All other residents should have refuse out by 7 a.m.
Stickers for yard waste are $3.00 each and available at the following locations: