During the political campaign season, the Village wants to remind residents about regulations for placing political campaign signs on your property.
Permits are not required for temporary signs, and residents can place any number of political signs on their property as long as the aggregate gross surface area does not exceed 20 square feet. Any signs in the public right-of-way will be removed without notice.
Signs must be:
- on private property;
- at least 5 feet from the house side of the sidewalk;
- at least 10 feet from the house side of a carriage walk; and
- at least 15 feet from the street edge or back of curb if no sidewalk.
Signs must not be:
- placed in the public right-of-way;
- attached to trees, traffic or light poles, utility poles or fire hydrants; or
- higher than 10 feet above curb level.
Get more information here. If you have any questions regarding the Village's regulations, please contact the Community Development Department at 847.719.7484.