*Effective October 1, 2019, the Village is adopting the International Code Council’s 2018 edition as follows: model construction, mechanical, maintenance, fire prevention codes and the 2017 National Electrical Code (NFPA 70). The adoption of the codes assures a continuing level of life/safety oversight, the ability to address and regulate new technologies, materials, assemblies and will benefit current and future residents of the Village. Regular comprehensive code updates also weigh heavily in the Community Rating System (CRS) review, which ultimately determines the extent of the discount offered to homeowners on flood insurance.
The effective date of the newly adopted codes is October 1, 2019. Complete permit submissions received on and after October 1, 2019 will be reviewed and issued under the applicable 2018 codes. Notably, Section 313 Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems of the 2018 International Residential Code has not been deleted. Suppression applicability is only to new construction. Additions or alterations are specifically exempted unless a system is already in place.
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2018 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Illinois State Plumbing Code (latest edition)
- Illinois Accessibility Standards