Farmers Market 2023
- Join Us Every Saturday Morning at the Deerfield Farmers Market
- June 10 – October 14, 2023
- Location: Park Avenue between Jewett Park Drive and Hazel Avenue
- Saturdays: 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Receive weekly updates by following us on Facebook.
The 2023 Farmers Market Season is Coming Soon!
Mark your calendars for opening day of the 2022 Farmers Market Season on Saturday, June 11. The market is returning to its new permanent location on Park Avenue and Deerfield Road, between Jewett Park Drive and Hazel Avenue. Note that there is a bonus market date this season, with the market season extended to the third Saturday in October!
This season, the Village and the Farmers Market Committee’s goal is to once again present a market that is dedicated to providing fresh, locally grown and prepared food in a safe, open-air shopping experience. Excitingly, we will also be reinstituting our market promise of “food, friends and fun” with the return of many beloved market activities.
To ensure maximum safety, 2023 market rules will require:
- Social distancing measures to be in place
- A one-way market flow
- Vendors to be spaced out
- Availability of hand sanitization stations
Please note that market regulations are subject to change throughout the season due to constantly evolving COVID-safety guidelines.
Patrons should also note that bikes are not allowed inside the market. Leashed dogs on a 6-foot lead or less are welcome at the market this season. Please note that current market safety rules are in accordance with guidelines from the Illinois Farmers Market Association, the Lake County Health Department, Phase 5 of Restore Illinois, and the Village of Deerfield. These measures are designed to ensure the health and safety of all market participants.
Return of Celebrated Market Traditions
This season, market patrons will be able to enjoy many traditional market activities tailored to fit into our new market environment. Returning market activities will include:
- Live Musical Performances
- Kids Activities (in-person & grab and go)
- Civic Groups Participation
- Special Events
Some of these activities were present at the market in a reduced capacity last season, but will be returning to a full schedule this season. Please note that regulation changes throughout the season may result in modifications to activity schedules.
Check out the "2023 Activities and Events Calendar" for details on all the fun we have planned for this season!
A Message from Staff
Village staff and the Farmers Market Committee are proud to provide our community with the 29th consecutive market season! Thank you to all market participants for your continued support of this wonderful Village tradition. We are especially grateful for your support throughout the past two market seasons, as we all adapted to COVID-19 market safety regulations to ensure the safety of our community and success of our market. We are excited that our patience and compliance with safety rules has resulted in our ability to return to some normalcy this season with the reintroduction of several market traditions.
We are looking forward to celebrating the 2023 Farmers Market Season with all of you. There is truly something for everyone at the Deerfield Farmers Market. Come join us on Saturday mornings, June 10 through October 14, to celebrate a Deerfield tradition, explore the market, and support local producers. Whether you’re a longtime customer or you’re thinking about visiting our market for the first time, we hope to see you there!
Items for Sale
- Seasonal vegetables and fruit locally grown by farmers in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin
- Organic and naturally grown vegetables and flowers
- Fresh meats, eggs, and fish
- Hand-crafted Wisconsin cheese, exceptional variety of syrups, honeys, confections, salsas, jellies, dressings, soups, sauces, and spreads
- Fresh-baked breads, muffins, pies, and cookies
- Delicious prepared foods! Crepes, waffles, tamales, hummus bowls, coffee, and more.
- Natural bath and body products
- Homemade pet treats and products
Email to learn more about the market.