Farmers Market 2021
- Join Us Every Saturday Morning at the Deerfield Farmers Market
- June 12 - October 9, 2021
- Location: Park Avenue between Jewett Park Drive and Hazel Avenue
- Saturdays: 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
A Look Back at the Farmers Market 2020 Season
The Village and the Farmers Market Committee would like to thank everyone who participated in the 2020 market season. Village staff, volunteers, vendors, and customers alike adapted to COVID-19 market safety regulations, resulting in a successful market season! We are thankful for our community’s support of the market and are proud of the actions taken to ensure this community staple could still be enjoyed by our residents and neighbors last season. We look forward to another successful market season in 2021!
What to Expect for the Farmers Market 2021 Season
The 2021 Season will require our continued adaptation to COVID-19 market safety regulations. Although this is not the traditional Village market we all long to return to, our continued patience and compliance with safety rules will help us return to normalcy in due time. In accordance with the State of Illinois’ Phase 4 guidelines, last season’s COVID-19 market safety regulations will continue to be enforced in the 2021 season. These measures are designed to ensure the health and safety of all market participants.
Opening day for the Farmers Market 2021 season is Saturday, June 12. The 2021 market season will once again be focused on “health and safety” rather than on our traditional focus of “food, friends and fun.” Our 2021 season goal is to present a market that is dedicated to providing fresh, locally grown and prepared food in a safe, open-air shopping experience. Although this will require the continued suspension of all traditional social and civic market activities, as well as the limitation on the number of vendors, there is still a lot to look forward to this season. Exciting 2021 market news includes the introduction of “grab and go” kids’ activities on select market dates and the return of all 2020 vendors (except one)!
Additionally, to continue to provide for optimal social distancing, the Farmers Market will once again be located on Park Avenue between Jewett Park Drive and Hazel Avenue, with entrances/exits on both ends of Park Avenue to allow for a one-way market flow.
The Farmers Market Committee and Village staff are using guidelines provided by the State of Illinois, the Illinois Farmers Market Association, and the Lake County Health Department to develop rules for vendors and patrons. This season’s rules will continue to space out vendors, limit the number of patrons allowed to shop at one time, require face coverings and provide increased sanitation.
When visiting the market, patrons should keep a few rules in mind, including:
- Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while attending the market
- Social distance of at least 6 feet should be maintained between non-household individuals
- Food & beverage items cannot be consumed inside market limits
- Dogs are not allowed at the market this season
- Shop and support our wonderful vendors!
Village staff and the Farmers Market Committee are proud to provide our community with the 27th consecutive market season! And we are excited to celebrate this season with our dedicated market vendors and patrons. We hope to see you at the market on Saturday mornings.
Items for Sale
- Seasonal vegetables and fruit locally grown by farmers in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin
- Organic and naturally grown vegetables and flowers
- Fresh meats, eggs and fish
- Hand-crafted Wisconsin cheese, exceptional variety of syrups, honeys, salsas, jellies, dressing, soups, sauces and spreads
- Fresh-baked breads, muffins, pies and cookies
- Breakfast to go! Sweet and savory crepes, coffee and other breakfast treats
- Natural bath and body products
- Homemade pet treats and products
Email to learn more about the market.