Information for Permit Submissions
Building & Zoning Department Requirements
- All permit applications must be filled out completely with ALL contractors listed and a signature of owner or acting agent.
- Two sets of plans are required for residential work. Three sets of plans are required for commercial work with an architect’s seal and certification. All plans are to be scaled to 1/4” per foot or 1/8” per foot.
- Two copies of a current Plat of survey of the property by a licensed land surveyor. This survey shall indicate the elevation of the foundation and the location of all buildings on the property. A legal description must be included.
- Electrical permit application with a current copy of the electrician’s license-1 copy, signed by registered electrician unless work is being done by homeowner, then homeowner’s signature is adequate.
- Plan review fee must be paid in full with cash or check payable to village of Deerfield at the time of submission.
|| Conversion Fee
|| Commercial Fees
|| Conversion Fee
|$1 to $5,000
||$20||$1 to $50,000
|$5,001 to $15,000
||$50||$50,001 to $100,000||$200|
|$15,001 to $50,000
||$100||$100,001 to $500,000||$400|
|Over $50,001||$150||Over $500,000||N/A|
Concrete Contractors must be licensed by the Village of Deerfield at an annual fee of $50. In addition they must provide the Village with a $5,000 surety bond. Plumbing contractors must provide the Village with a current copy of their Illinois State Plumbing License 055 and/or $5000 surety bond signed by the principal owner(s). Excavating, Demolition and Sewer contractors also are required to have a surety bond for working in the Village. A hold harmless clause should be added to either bond form and read as follows: Shall save and hold harmless the Village of Deerfield, Illinois from any loss, cost and damages, expense or liability of any kind resulting from the issue of said license.
Permit applications where concrete, sewer, roofing, excavating, electrical, demolition and/or plumbing work will be done, will not be released until these licenses and bonds are on file and current. As for bonds we will accept a faxed or email copy, providing original to follow in the mail.